Friday, July 4, 2008

Brazillian Lemonade‏

This tastes like the Lemonade they serve at Tucanos Brazillian Grill here. It is my latest crave I can't get enough of the stuff. Great for a baby/bridal shower or just a cool refreshing summer drink. I always make a gallon to use up the sweet and condensed milk I've heard it lasts in the fridge but not in my house it's long gone before it ever makes it there!

2 limes-wash and cut the ends off. Then quarter and put in blender with the skins.
Add 3 Tbsp of sweet and condensed milk, 3 cups water and 1/2 cup sugar. Blend for about 1 minute. STRAIN using a wire mesh strainer, pour over ice and enjoy. Makes about 1 quart. If you do four batches it ends up using the whole can of s&c milk and makes about a gallon.

3 comments:

Baldwincrew-blog said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on our blog. That lemonade sounds yummy I'll have to try it sometime. See you soon. Oh by the way I'll be at the get-together because we get home on the 19th around noon. See you soon.

Anonymous said...

Sounds great--I shall try it!

Caren and Dustin Robison said...

Julie,
This looks yummy! I love the stuff from Tucanos so I'll have to give this a try. It was fun to see y'all on the fourth. Ya left just before the stadium of fire, fireworks went off. They were a lot closer than the ones we were watching earlier. And did you see the big fire just down from our house? Yeah, this field caught on fire! Pretty crazy. Anyways, see ya soon.