Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day


When we went to Texas in February we were treated to a crawfish boil (bole how they pronounce it:) Anyhow they are like mini lobsters but with a lot less meat. For mother's day Jay, my dad and Matt had live ones shipped from Louisiana for lunch. We women were very excited! My sister in law who is from Texas was very excited! Jay also cleaned the carpet in my front room and did all the dishes which was huge! The kids each gave me a hershey bar with a coupon book with things like do the dishes, vacuum a room, etc. They also had some fill in the blank ones. I had to laugh when Hayden's read "Play catch with me", and on the do the dishes one he forged his dad's name instead of signing his! All in all it was a wonderful weekend and made me reflect on my own mom and how much she means to me and still teaches me! Love you mom!

4 comments:

Amy Peterson said...

Thanks for the update Julie! I am so glad you had a great mothers day, I think your mom is absolutely amazing as well! Love ya

Megan said...

Your kids are so cute! I can't believe how big they are. It was so good to talk to you on the phone and now we can keep in touch more often. Yea for the blogs!

Jen said...

So happy you are a blogger. We're coming out in June, maybe we can get together. Do you talk to Barrett any more? I swear she fell off the face of the earth.

Josh and Emily said...

Julie I got in! Way cute mother's day what thoughtful men. I am glad that i can now keep up with you.