Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Really?

So I thought it was bad to discover my almost 14 month old playing in the toilet. I could lie and tell you that the numerous times I've found him there was just clean water in the the toilet but like I said that would be a lie. The honest truth is it's rarely got clean water in it as in almost never, hey he's my fifth kid! I'm 6 feet 1 inch tall which comes in handy for reaching really high things on the top shelf. I've managed to pass that gene on so my kids all start opening doors at a fairly young age. I've known he was capable of opening just about any interior door, but two nights ago and more than a couple times since then I realized he's smart as well. It's not enough to beeline for the bathroom door when it gets left open. No, he opens it himself waltzes in, shuts the door behind him, and I kid you not he opens the drawer so I can't get in to stop him. Then while I'm busy hollering at him to NOT PLAY IN THE TOILET he's just splashing and looking at me in the mirror with a little grin. I'm not sure how to stop this I've taken to locking the bathroom doors which poses a problem for Mason and Hannah (the older two have figured out how to open the lock) the younger two dance in the hall until they can round me up to let them in. I'll keep you posted!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh my word! That kid is an evil genius! Don't forget to keep track of all the naughty things he does so you can guilt trip him when you are old and infirm and it's his turn to take care of you.

Munchkin Invasion said...

TRICKY!!! I want to lock all of my children out of my bathrooms and make them go in an outhouse outside. I'm tired of the urine, the smell, the splashing in yellow water, the sticky faucet...

Sorry I just had to vent. :)

Thanks for your comments on my blog. They were so sweet. :)

Love,
Becca