Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Nana
I think when all is said and done it is true, the relationships we have with others will be something that we can take to the other side. Not the possessions we acquire in this life but the wealth of love we glean from those that we come in contact with. I've had the privilege of knowing one of these rare jewels for the last 12 years. Hilda May Wilson died today after a life full of love and giving to others. She was an example of patience and could be seen with a grandchild or two always hovering around watching her knitting or crocheting needles fly. Her latest creation would adorn babies soft skin. Blanket after blanket, if she knew you were having a baby she would whip one out. She wasn't limited to blankets anything she wanted to create would magically come to life under her hand. Always smiling and in good spirits even when she had had a hard day. I don't know to many people who were alive during the great depression and the sinking of the titanic but loved instant message like Nana did. Did I mention she could whip us all at scrabble, that woman was sharp and always ready with a joke to lighten a tense or uncomfortable situation. No you can't take it with you but what are you going to leave? What is my legacy going to be? What are the memories I am making with those I love. Will they remember that they did not practice the piano or get their chores done or will they remember the 2 hours I read the same 2 books over and over just because? Today Heaven takes home an amazing woman who leaves behind a rich legacy of love. Love you Nana I'll miss you! Tell Granddad Cody we've been looking for him!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
What a lovely tribute.
That was beautiful...thank you for letting me read it.
glad I round your blog jules. This post made me cry. Love it!
She sounds just wonderful. Thanks for sharing, Julie!
Hugs,
Ames
Post a Comment