4 boneless skinless chicken breasts diced in bite size pieces
sesame seed oil
1 t ginger (I use fresh from the produce section it comes in little jars already grated so if you need to use powder use 1/2 t)
1 cup chicken stock
1 T sugar
1 T white vinegar
2 T soy sauce
2 T corn starch
1/4 t cayenne pepper (can kick this up to make it spicier)
Cashews
bell pepper, onion, garlic (I don't use but I know it was in the original recipe), snow peas, asparagus, shrimp is good in this (add last 3-4 minutes)! Whatever you want I just use about 2 cups total veggies for my family.
Heat sesame oil until smoking (about a T can add more if needed) pat the chicken dry with a paper towel so it doesn't make the grease pop when you throw it in the pan. Add the ginger (cook until chicken is done) only takes 5-7 minutes) remove chicken from pan put into a bowl cover with tin foil set aside. put some more sesame oil in the pan and get it smoking hot add any or all veggies that you want and cook till crisp tender put garlic in whenever you want I guess. mix all remaining ingredients together (except cashew) wisk well so the corn starch doesn't clump add chicken and any juice that's come out of it back to the pan pour in sauce and stir on med hi heat until it thickens. I eyeball the veggies so it's just how ever much all together will equal enough to feed your family. I cook up 2 cups of long grain rice (not the instant stuff) and serve it over rice topped with cashews! I double this all the time and the original recipe only called for 1/4 cup chicken stock so I upped the stock and the corn starch to make more sauce. oh sesame oil is really cheap at the oriental markets but pretty pricey in the grocery store there is an asian market on about 5 north and state street south of weinerschnitzel here in Orem. ENJOY
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Thanks for my Monday night dinner recipe!
Post a Comment